Can I Use Pet Odor and Stain Eliminator Concentrate Without Diluting It?
No, the bacteria in the Pet Odor and Stain Eliminator Concentrate need water to activate and survive. If the product is not diluted the bacteria will stay dormant and will not be able to eat away the stain or odor. If you are looking for something already premixed we do offer Pet Odor and Stain Eliminator Ready To Use.
How should I dilute the product?
For typical stains and odors 10-1(water to product) works great. An easy way to measure that is to take an empty quart bottle, or a quart measuring cup, use 3 oz of Pet Odor and Stain Eliminator Concentrate and fill up measuring cup to the quart mark or fill up the bottle the rest of the way with warm water. If there is a lot of urine, you can mix a stronger solution of 7-1, 4 oz to a quart bottle fill with water, or 5-1, 5.5 oz. to a quart bottle then fill with water . Or just mix 1 oz of Pet Odor and Stain Eliminator Concentrate to 10 ounces of warm water. Keep in mind, after the Pet Odor and Stain Eliminator Concentrate is diluted it only has 7 days until the bacteria become inactive so only make what you will need to use.
I have a very large area to clean.
The easiest way to clean a large area either inside or outside, is to use a 1 gallon pump up garden sprayer. We suggest you use a new one, since garden chemicals used in it previously it could affect the bacteria in the Pet Odor and Stain Eliminator Concentrate. Mix a 10-1 mixture in the sprayer then, pump it up and spray the area that needs to be cleaned. You want to saturate the area. It can be used anywhere water won’t damage.
Does the Pet Odor and Stain Eliminator Really Work?
Unique stands firmly behind the Pet Odor and Stain Eliminator Concentrate as the safest and most effective stain and odor eliminator on the market. It has been tested time and time again against its top competitors and the results are always the same with Pet Odor and Stain Eliminator Concentrate leading the pack. Don’t just take our word for it, though, try it out for yourself. If you’re still not seeing results, check out more of the FAQs otherwise give Unique’s customer service a call at 1.800.476.1608
My Pet Is On Pet Meds, Is That a Problem?
Unfortunately, pet medications, especially antibiotics, contain anti-bacterial properties that when they come into contact, will kill the bacteria in the Pet Odor and Stain Eliminator Concentrate.
If this is the case and the product isn’t working, use an extractor to pull up as much of the medicated urine as possible, and then apply a dilution of 5 cups of warm water with 1 cup Pet Odor and Stain Eliminator Concentrate. It may take a couple applications to overcome the medication’s impact on the bacteria.
It’s Not Working, You Said It Would!
Please see the following scenarios:
- Unique has found that a major step in removing a pet stain is agitation. Once the Pet Odor and Stain Eliminator Concentrate is generously applied to the stained area, use the bottom of the bottle to agitate the area. By agitating, the product is dispersed deep into the stain and it also helps breaks down the stain for the bacteria to eat. Also apply pressure to the damp, white towel, if used on the stain.
- Make sure there is plenty of the Pet Odor and Stain Eliminator Concentrate covering the area. If it is not applied liberally the bacteria cannot get down into the carpet, floor pad, etc. The stained area should be completely wet with the Pet Odor and Stain Eliminator Concentrate.
- For the bacteria to thrive it needs to continue to stay moist. If the area is wiped up or dried after an application the bacteria can no longer work. Therefore, make sure not to wipe up or dry the stained area after applying the Pet Odor and Stain Eliminator Concentrate. After applying the product, place a warm, wet, white towel over the area and step on the towel to help agitate. Leave the towel for an hour* and then let air dry. If the stain is still present, make sure the area is completely dry and then repeat the process a second time. We don’t recommend leaving the carpet wet for more than 24 hours. If needed let the area completely dry and then apply a second application.
- If other products were used before applying the Pet Odor and Stain Eliminator Concentrate this may cause problems for the bacteria. Unfortunately, many cleaning products can leave behind harmful residues that will kill or limit the healthy bacteria. The best way to counteract other products is to use an extractor if you have one. Before application use the extractor with warm water and extract as much of the old product up as possible. It may take a couple of applications of the Pet Odor and Stain Eliminator Concentrate to fully combat the other products.
- Berber or Wool may require more applications of the Pet Odor and Stain Eliminator Concentrate because Berber and wool are more tightly knit and resistant to liquid . After applying the Pet Odor and Stain Eliminator Concentrate to the stain, agitate the area, getting the product deep into the carpet. A second application may be required.
- Pet Medications can contain antibacterial properties that can harm the bacteria. If you have an extractor, with warm water, extract out the stain a few times and then apply the product. It may take a couple applications.
*We don’t recommend leaving the carpet wet for more than 24 hours. If needed let the area completely dry and then apply a second application.
Oh No, My Pet Just Drank Your Product!
No need to panic. It is not recommended that any pet consume the Pet Odor and Stain Eliminator Concentrate, however it should not cause any problems for your pet. There is a small chance that they may experience diarrhea. Pet Odor and Stain Eliminator Concentrate is made with non-pathogenic bacteria, similar to those found in yogurt. Once again, it is highly discouraged for any consumption.
Why Isn’t The Urine Smell Going Away?
A couple possibilities:
- If the pet has urinated in the corner of the room or near a wall, make sure to apply and saturate along the baseboard. A lot of the time urine gets stuck between the baseboard and wall and creates an odor. The product needs to get both in the carpet and baseboard.
- The smell might be ammonia caused by the bacteria, however this is completely natural and will go away. The bacteria takes the urine through an ammonia smell as it breaks down the odor and usually after a day the ammonia smell will completely dissipate.
- It is important to allow the carpet to completely dry to allow the urine smell to completely dissipate. If the carpet is still wet, wait till it air dries or use a fan to help the carpet dry completely.
- Sometimes if the urine spot is large or saturated deep into the carpet, a couple of applications may be required.
How Should I Apply the Product To A Mattress / Pet Bedding?
Saturate the area where the odor and stain are located on the mattress. Make sure there is enough Pet Odor and Stain Eliminator Concentrate applied so that it can penetrate far enough down into the mattress. Use a dilution ratio of 5 parts water to 1 part product, to make a quart use 5.5 oz Pet Odor and Stain Eliminator Concentrate and fill a quart bottle the rest of the way with warm water. After the product is applied, place a warm, damp, white towel over the stained area and apply pressure for a few seconds. By applying pressure to the towel, you allow the mattress to fully soak up all the product, helping the Pet Odor and Stain Eliminator Concentrate reach the hard-to-reach areas. Leave the towel over the stain for an hour, then remove, and let the area completely dry. If the stain or odor is still present, wait until the mattress is dry and then proceed to apply a second treatment.
How Is Our Product Different?
- It works. Many products use either masking agents (to mask the smells) or enzyme only formulas. Formulas that only use enzymes can only do half the job. The Pet Odor and Stain Eliminator Concentrate contains both bacteria and enzymes. When bacteria create enzymes. The enzymes then break down more complex molecules into something the bacteria can eat and completely eliminate. The two work together to completely eliminate all stains and odors. It’s not a chemical; it’s bacteria that eat waste and organic material. Therefore, it multiplies when you apply it, as a result it continues to grow and multiply as long as it has a wet environment and food supply to live off of. With chemicals or enzymes alone there is no growth or multiplication.
- Since the Pet Odor and Stain Eliminator Concentrate is created with the science of nature, there are no harsh chemicals to worry about.
Isn’t Bacteria Unhealthy?
Some bacteria are harmful, however the bacteria used in the Pet Odor and Stain Eliminator Concentrate are not. The bacteria used is non-pathogenic, which means, “not harmful to humans or animals.” Non-pathogenic bacteria are used in many everyday products such as milk and yogurt. However, Unique it is not for human consumption.
Does Your Product Have Perfume?
One of the great things about bacteria is you don’t need to mask the odor because the bacteria is going to remove it completely. That said we do have a little perfume in our products. You only smell it as the product is working, once the area is dry you will not have any perfume left.
If you are allergic to perfumes our https://tackletinkle.com/collections/pet/products/carpet-shampoowould be a great product for you to use. It has no perfume at all. It will still work for spot cleaning and is an excellent choice for using in a carpet extractor.
My Cat Peed in the Basement on the Concrete Will This Work?
Yes, the Pet Odor and Stain Eliminator will work great. Wipe up any urine, then saturate the area, Concrete is very porous so be sure to use enough so the area is wet., then you can just leave it to do the work. It will just dry naturally.
The Cat Sprayed On The Wall?
This is a quite common issue. Test first in an inconspicuous area to make sure it won’t affect paint or wall covering. Then spray the area and allow to dry. Sometimes the urine will run down the wall and get behind the base board, if that has happened, turn the nozzle to stream and spray at the top of the baseboard and allow the product to get back behind the baseboard so it can remove the odor.
I bought a bottle of the concentrate and only used a small amount.
There are so many ways to use our Pet Odor and Stain Eliminator Concentrate;
The Laundry room, if your pets sleep on your bed, use 1-2 ounces of Pet Odor and Stain Eliminator Concentrate in the washing machine as a presoak, it allows the bacteria to work longer in the wash cycle and work at removing any odors that may be in the bedding. Also you can use it to wash their Pet Beds.
Sometimes pets are allowed on the furniture and if you have protective blankets wash those with some of the Pet Odor and stain Eliminator.
Furniture; Do your pets enjoy your couch or chair? If so, you can mix up a 10-1 solution and spray it on the furniture to freshen it up and make sure it always smells company ready.
Vehicles; Muddy paws can leave stains or a quick dip in the pond may leave a doggie smell in the vehicle, if so take your spray bottle filled with the 10-1 mixture and liberally spray in the vehicle where the dog or even cat has sat.
Leashes and Collars;
Pet collars can get a little smelly after being worn for a while. You can mix up a solution in a bowl with warm water. Soak the collar for 15-20 minutes then allow it to dry naturally, you can also do the same for leashes. It also brightens them up.
Both plastic and cloth carriers can start to smell after dogs, cats, bunnies or ferrets use them for sleeping, trips to the vet or even a plane or long car ride. For plastic carriers, spray them down let it sit for 15-20 minutes and then wipe dry. For cloth carriers saturate and then let dry.
There are so many uses, just remember it can remove anything organic, so foods, blood, vomit, sweat, et cetera. So, something spills or gets dirty, reach for your bottle of Unique Pet Odor and Stain Eliminator and put it to work.
I just moved into a new home and my pets is peeing all over.
A room can smell clean to us but a dogs nose is 40 times stronger and a cats 14 times stronger than ours. SO they now have move in a new place and are marking it as their own. Our Products use bacteria to do the cleaning and one of the great benefits is the bacteria will remove anything organic, so pheromones are organic so the bacteria will remove those and help your pet to not mark those areas. Finding the spots may be a bit tricky, you can use a blacklight, or see the areas where your pets are going and treat that area well , go beyond where your pet has marked to be sure you get the whole area. If it is a large room, we have found that a carpet extractor with just warm water can be used to go over the whole room, as you extract out pay close attention to how much dirt is coming up into the extractor. Make note of those areas. Now go back with the Pet Odor and Stain Eliminator Concentrate or https://tackletinkle.com/collections/pet/products/carpet-shampoo go over the areas and where you made note of heavier issue leave that area extra damp , meaning don’t extract out as much as you would normally do. You can even tip the machine back, so it does not extract at all. Then allow it to dry naturally and that will help the marking issue.
Unfortunately, if you pet has marked and area for a long time it has become habitual, we suggest asking your veterinarian or a dog trainer to help in those instances.
Your product is awesome, and I just have a need to tell the world, how can I do that?
Well, besides buying a whole bunch of bullhorns and hiring millions of people to stand on every street corner in the world singing our praises, you can do few things:
- E-mail us your testimonial, and we will do our best to get it out there. Email us here firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tell your local stores that you love the products and that if they aren't carrying them, already, they should contact us! (800.476.1608)
Send us an email and we will get you taken care of quickly
Email us here: email@example.com